IT’S FALL!! And I am loving it. This is my favorite time of year, and one of the best parts about it is the food. I mean, isn’t it just the best ever? The scents, the flavor, the time with family. Hashtag winner-winner!
We got these yummy beauties from a local farm the other day. Don’t they just make you want to eat them all?
Today I’m going to share with you one of my favorite ways to eat apples in the fall time. Aren’t fresh apples just a must-have for autumn? They are definitely a favorite around our house.
This recipe is one that has been passed from one family to the next, which has just gotten better over time. It is one of our favorite things to have at breakfast (and as a snack!), especially in the fall. This sweet and spicy mixture just seems to encompass all of the autumn goodness known to humankind. ❤ And the best part, it’s nutritious!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serving size: 3 or 4
- 2-3 medium apples (of your favorite variety)
- 2 tbs maple syrup (depending on your sweet tooth)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla
- handful of chopped or crushed up pecans (or walnuts, almonds, etc.)
- 1 drop nutmeg essential oil (optional)
- Chop up the apples into bite-size pieces and put them in a bowl. Combine the rest of the ingredients in the bowl and stir together. Eat immediately and enjoy!
- You may also want to serve this with some of the chopped pecans sprinkled on top. It gives the whole dish a nice touch. 😉
I hope y’all are having a wonderful weekend! I would love to hear some of your fall breakfast ideas!